1. We only work with expert translators we trust.
Being in business for nearly 30 years means we have strong, ongoing relationships with a dedicated pool of professional translators.
2. We only use translators who are native speakers of the target language.
Using translators who live in the target market means they have easy access to local industry publications and organizations.
3. We hire translators who are subject matter experts.
Writing styles, tone and language usage vary across industries. We firmly believe it's important to hire a translator who not only knows the language but knows the specific industry.
4. We train the translators on your product.
By taking the time to educate our translators about your product, they are given the knowledge they need to excel.
5. We never skip the editing stage.
Our translators are top-notch. They are also human, and humans occasionally make mistakes. That is why we always have independent editors review the translations.
6. We provide dedicated, proactive project managers.
By staying focused on your release schedule and your budget, our project managers facilitate the translation process to meet your business goals.
7. We utilize translation memories.
This saves time and money, ensures linguistic consistency and lowers translation costs of future projects.
8. We employ Global Content Management Systems.
In keeping with our holistic, comprehensive approach, we are dedicated to leveraging leading technology - like a dedicated GCMS - to realize your business vision.
Echo International provides a unique combination of services, delivering superior quality while enabling our customers to accelerate their global releases and reduce cost and risk.
Our methodology follows five main principles:
- A holistic and comprehensive approach designed to meet our customers' business goals. It spans from a product's inception through global planning and internationalization down to the localization and testing effort, encompassing people, processes and technology.
- Adaptable and flexible - an approach that is the accumulation of Echo International's experience and best practices. We start with a technology-agnostic framework which can be easily adapted and customized to your business and applies to documents, software, websites, content management systems and other containers alike.
- Emphasizes quality, prevention, and risk control. We identify defects early in the product's life cycle, building a sound product foundation and addressing issues at the root. Also, our dedicated project management team provides real-time visibility into risks. Add regular product reviews, and the result is a proactive approach to controlling costs.
- Accelerate your global releases. Echo’s approach is inherently incremental and iterative - allowing us to start on the localization and translation effort while core development is under way. This key feature eventually enables simultaneous shipments.
- Leads to lower cost in the long term. The clear definition of business and technical requirements, of roles and processes, allows the team at large to work seamlessly towards a shared business goal. Corrective and preventive actions reduce error patterns and repeated work. Also, our high level of automation enables better re-use and leverage.