"The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn't said." - Peter Drucker
Echo International is a global leader in professional, reliable interpreting services that ensure clear and accurate translations of the spoken word – a vital component of international business communications. Our in-house staff and worldwide network of experienced interpreters provide support for a wide range of clients and language combinations.
Echo interpreting professionals are native-speaking specialists proficient in one or more subject areas, and they are qualified in a variety of settings:
- Legal depositions and trials
- Meetings and seminars
- Factory tours
- Medical appointments and social services
- Negotiations and presentations
- Conference calls
- Educational and school visits
- Tours and excursions
To deliver excellence, Echo International selects only interpreters who meet our rigorous requirements:
- Native-speaking language expert
- Fluent in both source and target languages
- Proven ability to convey the cultural and emotional intent of the original message
- Specialist in various industries and content fields
- Professional and able to be trusted with confidential or sensitive information
Consecutive interpreting is the most common type of interpreting. The interpreter orally translates the words of each speaker after he or she has stopped speaking. This type of interpreting is appropriate for one-on-one situations or small group settings when only one target language needs to be interpreted. You typically will not need any special equipment.
Simultaneous interpreting is a highly specialized field in which the interpreter orally translates the words of the original speaker in real time while the speaker is still speaking. This type of interpreting is used at conferences and for large groups that often have listeners with various target languages. Special technicians and equipment such as headphones, receivers and soundproof booths are often involved in these assignments. Typically, in a conference or convention setting, at least two simultaneous interpreters are required for each target language, taking turns at agreed-upon intervals. Simultaneous interpretation is also common in trials and court hearings, though usually further court certification is required.
Whispered interpreting is a type of simultaneous interpretation. The interpreter is translating orally for one or two people and speaks quietly so that only they can hear it. This method of interpretation is usually preferred if only one or two people at an event require simultaneous interpretation; it is also popular for meetings over meals. The interpretation should be discreet and unobtrusive. Depending on the length of the assignment, multiple interpreters may be required, but typically no special equipment is needed.
Interpretation Services Target Languages (interpreted into and from English)
- French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, German, Dutch
- Mandarin and Cantonese Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Thai
- Albanian, Croatian, Serbian, Bosnian
- Russian, Czech, Slovak, Polish, Hungarian
- Swedish, Finnish, Danish
- African languages/dialects (Somali, Swahili, Kizigua, Kirundi…)
- Indian and Pakistan languages/dialects (Hindi, Bengali, Punjabi, Malayalam, Kannada, Urdu)
- Haitian Creole
If you require services for a language that is not listed, do not hesitate to make the request, as our vendor system is continuously being updated.
Echo International does not directly provide equipment or organize simultaneous interpreting events, but we can help facilitate this request or refer you to one of our partner organizations.
Click here to request interpreting services.